Friday, July 20, 2012

Tutorial: "Clothesline" Wall Display


Got a blank wall and no fancy art to fill it with? I did! Until I came across some mini clothespins at my local Jo-ann store and decided to try out this wall display. It's super easy and makes you look instantly artsy :)

You only need 3 things:

Step 1: Start your first push pin by tying a knot with your string, around the pin. Pin this into the wall. This will be the uppermost left or right point of your display, depending on which direction you go with the next pin. 

Step 2: Insert your second push pin into the wall (see the title photo for reference). Wrap the string one complete time around the pin, leaving a little slack in the string. 

Step 3: Start hanging photos on the first segment. I like to do this before adding more push pins because  you can't really anticipate how the weight of the photos/cards will affect the look of your string until you actually try it. I learned this the hard way! 

Step 4: Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with more push pins and more photos! 

Step 5: When you get to the last push pin, tie the string just like the first one. 

Some notes:
* My display is kind of short width-wise, but only because my wall space was limited by my bookcase. 
* You'll probably have to play around with the weight distribution of your photos to make it look pretty.

My finished product! (with some room to spare)

No comments:

Post a Comment